The Hydrocarbon Passive Fire Protection Network (PFPNet) will be hosting an introductory meeting at the Texas Training and Conference Centers in Houston, Texas from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday February 15, 2017.
The event is free of charge, lunch will be provided, and a reception will conclude the afternoon. Examples of companies registered include BP, CB&I, Fluor, Shell, Chevron, International Paint and NACE International.
All attendees will have the opportunity to offer their thoughts and to listen to the concerns of others across the industry.
Examples of discussion questions:
- What guidance documents and technical resources are needed?
- What training courses are needed?
- What areas require new research?
- Are there areas that would benefit from an internally recognized standard that isn't already in existence?
- Would a formal accreditation of competency be beneficial or not?
- Are there other functions that PFPNet should provide?
PFPNet was launched in the United Kingdom last year as a result of a technical meeting in Manchester. It hopes to embark upon its commitments for 2017, which include defining what fireproofing is, providing guidance on how to determine appropriate schemes, and working to establish an accreditation process.
So far, Advanced Insulation, EXOVA, Hempel, HSE, Jotun Paints, Perenco, Promat, Sherwin Williams, Trelleborg and Woodside have joined the group.
For more information regarding the event, visit: PFPNet Technical Meeting 2017 - Houston
For more information regarding the venue, visit: Texas Training and Conference Centers