The COVID-19 pandemic has challenged many manufacturers with material shortages, new or reduced product demands, distribution channel disruptions, and, in some cases, mandatory facility closures.
Facilities that remain operational face the added complexity of adjusting operations to protect the workforce using social distancing and other new health and safety and compliance requirements. Facilities that are required to temporarily discontinue operations need to plan for process restarts, including associated safety reviews and engineering evaluation of critical processes.
What We Offer
Geosyntec Business Continuity experts can map out and address these new COVID-19 related operational vulnerabilities while instituting risk controls throughout the process to help you return to healthy operations. If you must restart or retool your production and process lines, we can assist you with operational and EHS-related considerations.
- Update and enhance operational controls, process safety management plans, and safety controls and procedures
- Revision of material handling and management procedures for new waste streams and materials
- EH&S compliance auditing and support to address findings
- Re-evaluation of sustainability management programs
- Permitting and compliance for capital projects for new production lines or facilities
- Disinfection planning and management
Janet Goodfellow, P.Eng.
Janet Goodfellow is an expert engineer with more than 20 years of experience designing, building, commissioning, optimizing and retrofitting food processing, mining, and industrial manufacturing facilities. Her work is frequently focused on responding to changing process, environmental, regulatory and/or economic conditions, including changing sterilization and sanitation procedures.
Kirk Craig, P.E., PEE
Kirk Craig is an environmental engineer with more than 25 years of experience focused on the professional engineering and environmental fields. Kirk has assisted clients in the natural gas, power utility, petroleum, chemical manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and solid waste industries.