SAN DIEGO, Calif. — Geosyntec was well represented at the 21st Annual International Conference on Soil, Water, Energy and Air in San Diego during March 14-17, 2011 with six presentations, one workshop, and two poster presentations.
- Brian Hitchens, PG, CHG presented "The Side Effects of In-Situ Bioremediation."
- Aklilu Tesfamicheal presented "A Statistical Evaluation of PCBs in Sediment Samples," to which both of these presentations relate to the Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical Site in San Diego.
- Sam Williams, PG, presented and moderated a session on "The Uses and Abuses of Modeling in Litigation and Regulatory Decision-Making."
- Howard Cumberland presented "Robust Delineation of Contamination for Remedial Design Planning to Minimize Uncertainties."
- Arnab Chakrabarti presented "Full-Scale Daramend Treatment at a Toxaphene-Impacted Site."
- Robbie Ettinger presented "Challenges to the Multiple Lines of Evidence for Vapor Intrusion Sites" and also covered for Todd McAlary, PEng, PG, in the"EPA Workshop Addressing Regulatory Challenges and a State-of-the-Science Update on Vapor Intrusion."
- Posters were presented by Chad Bird on "Results of In-Situ Chemical Oxidation using Sodium Permanganate" and Christopher Gale on a "Membrane Interface Probe Investigation to Define the Extent of Chlorinated Solvents in Groundwater."