Geosyntec provides geotechnical instrumentation design, installation, monitoring and data management services for a wide range of structure and foundation applications. Our services include industry standard instrumentation programs and innovative solutions developed to meet the needs of our clients.
We have provided instrumentation services for levees, dikes, dams, landfills, mechanically stabilized earthen (MSE) berms, retaining walls, wharves and ports, sheetpile walls, tunnels, foundation systems, and vibration monitoring during construction. Our designs may include manually monitored instruments and automated systems with web based interfaces. A few recent examples of our systems include:
- Subsurface stability monitoring for embankments landfills and slopes using inclinometers and shape accelerometer arrays (SAAs), and vibrating wire piezometer.
- Monitoring of seepage through water retaining structures using vibrating wire piezometers.
- Settlement monitoring of landfills using settlement cells.
- Automation of an existing dike monitoring system.
Geosyntec's expertise in geotechnical instrumentation provides our clients a clear understanding of structure foundation behavior and confidence that regulatory compliance is achieved.
Geotechnical Instrumentation Projects
- Crossrail: Underground Construction Information Management System (UCIMS) Crossrail: Underground Construction Information Management System (UCIMS)
- MSE Berm Stability Monitoring Programs MSE Berm Stability Monitoring Programs
- Sheetpile Wall Instrumentation at Onondaga Lake Sheetpile Wall Instrumentation at Onondaga Lake