Geosyntec provides a full range of innovative services for existing and new dams, dikes, reservoirs, levees, and conveyance systems.
Dams, Dikes, Reservoirs, and Levees Practice Specialties
Our practice encompasses the development of new structures as well as the rehabilitation of existing dams, dikes, reservoirs, and levees, responding to the unique technical and environmental issues facing federal, state, municipal, industrial, and private owners and operators.
- Design and design review for new structures and rehabilitation/enhancement projects
- Structural analysis for concrete and roller compacted concrete arch and gravity dams and appurtenant hydraulic structures
- Earthquake analyses to evaluate the performance of earthen structures under seismic events
- Water resource engineering in support of dam, dike, and levee design and performance evaluations including hydrology and hydraulic studies to assess probable flood levels and flood storage
- Performance assessment of existing structures using the latest modeling and analytical tools to evaluate the structural integrity of earthen structures under a variety of conditions including those associated with climate change
- Licensing and permitting of modifications to existing structures to expedite rehabilitation/enhancement projects
- Construction management, construction oversight, comprehensive CQA/CQC
- Rehabilitation of existing structures including development of practical alternatives, alternatives analysis, and implementation of selected remedial options
- Design and inspection of levees, dams, and other retaining structures associated with cooling waters and other residuals management for the Power Industries
Client Service. Project Solutions.
At Geosyntec, our vision of success builds on a long-held belief that exceptional client service coupled with exceptional project solutions will result in long-term business relationships of mutual reward. We support our client service and project solutions approach through an internal culture of technical excellence and collegial relationships, common commitment to our core values, and the innovation and practical thinking our staff bring to every assignment.
For More Information
Daniel Schauer, P.G.
Dave Mevers, P.E.
Terry Holman, Ph.D., P.E.
Robert Bachus, Ph.D., P.E.
Geosyntec's dams, dikes, reservoirs, and levees (DDL) practice creates site-specific solutions using our expertise in geotechnical and geoenvironmental foundation engineering, water resources, and environmental management. Our engineers and scientists combine technical expertise and engineering acumen with the application of cutting edge assessment and analytical tools to develop practical, innovative, and cost-effective solutions for our clients' most challenging projects