The Town of Wilmington, Massachusetts, implemented a number of measures that are part of low-impact development in order to collect and treat storm water that previously flowed directly into nearby Silver Lake, which ultimately drains to a tributary of the troubled Ipswich River. The project, now being monitored to evaluate its performance, is expected to benefit the lake as well as the river.
- Geosyntec Authors: Steven Roy, Andrea Braga
- Title: Saving Silver Lake
- Event or Publication: Civil Engineering Magazine
- Practice Areas: Watershed and Stormwater Management
- Citation: Vol. 79, No. 2. 2009
- Date: 2009
- Type: Publication (Printed)