Andrea and Dan's presentation is entitled "Active Floodproofing for Coastal Resiliency of Small Businesses in New York City."
It will provide an overview of a project aimed at helping to increase the resiliency of small businesses in New York to flooding and mitigate impacts from future storm surges. Their presentation will discuss storm surge resiliency audits at businesses throughout the city, design and installation of site-specific floodproofing technologies, and an internet-connected resiliency dashboard capable of providing real-time visualization of flood risks and recommended site-specific flood risk mitigation actions.
The presentation will also provide an overview of other tools available for intelligent control of infrastructure, including where innovative real-time controls have been used to retrofit existing infrastructure to minimize flooding risk.
The theme of this year's conference, is "Making Connections, Planting the Seeds," and EnviroCert is also offering review courses and exams at the same location during the same week. The review courses for the CPESC, CPSWQ, CESSWI and CPMSM will be offered on March 30, 2017 with exams being offered on March 31, 2017.
For more information regarding the event, visit: 2017 Annual Conference
- Geosyntec Authors: Andrea Braga and Dan Bourdeau
- All Authors: Andrea Braga and Dan Bourdeau
- Title: 2017 Northeast IECA Conference
- Event or Publication: Event
- Practice Areas: Environmental Management, Water and Natural Resources, Water Management
- Citation: Sturbridge Host Hotel in Sturbridge, Massachusetts at 9 a.m. on March 29, 2017
- Date: 2017
- Location: Sturbridge, Massachusetts
- Type: Presentation