The Fox River Study Group (FRSG) is a diverse coalition of stakeholders working together to preserve and enhance water quality in the Fox River watershed. Participants include Friends of the Fox River, Sierra Club, Fox River Water Reclamation District (Elgin),
Fox Metro Water Reclamation District (FMWRD, Aurora), Fox River Ecosystem Partnership, Kane County and representatives from numerous municipalities in the watershed. FRSG is implementing a long-term, phased work plan to eliminate water quality impairments due to nuisance algae, low dissolved oxygen (DO), diel DO swings, and high phosphorus concentrations. This work includes intensive water quality monitoring, development of several watershed and water quality models, and development of a Fox River Implementation Plan (FRIP) which is the roadmap to eliminate the water quality impairments (FRSG 2015).
- Geosyntec Authors: Rishab Mahajan, Adrienne Nemura
- All Authors: Rishab Mahajan, Geosyntec Consultants; Cindy Skrukrud, Sierra Club, Illinois Chapter; Karen Clementi, Deuchler Environmental, Inc.; Adrienne Nemura, Geosyntec Consultants
- Title: A Stakeholder Driven Approach to Improve the Water Quality in Fox River, Illinois
- Event or Publication: Water Environment Federation's Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC)
- Practice Areas: Water and Natural Resources
- Citation: Geosyntec will be well represented at the Water Environment Federation's Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois on September 21-25, 2019.
- Date: Sept. 24, 2019 at 1:30-2:00 p.m.
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Type: Presentation