This report is intended to be a state-of-the-practice set of guidelines. It is based on reviews of current practice, internal company standards, published documents, and the work of related organizations. The report includes a list of references that provides additional information. The reference list emphasizes readily available commercial publications and government reports.
This report was prepared to provide guidance for determination of wind induced forces on structures found in petrochemical and other industrial facilities. It should be of interest to engineers familiar with design of industrial type structures and the application of ASCE 7, “Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and other Structures,” to these types of structures.
In helping create a consensus set of guidelines, a number of individuals provided valuable assistance and review. Reviewers included John Geigel (ExxonMobil), Drew Troyer (ConocoPhillips), and Eric Wey (Fluor Corporation). The committee is appreciative of the efforts of these reviewers.
The task committee would also like to acknowledge the numerous contributions made to this task committee and other technical committees over the years by both Michael Bergeron (SNC Lavalin – GDS Engineers) and Mike Chen (Fluor Corporation). Both Michael and Mike passed away during the preparation of this report update and will be sorely missed by the committee and the broader engineering community.
Finally, the committee would also like to thank Judy Falcon (Exponent, Inc.) who patiently and diligently edited the manuscript and put up with all of our changes.
Read More: http://ascelibrary.org/doi/pdf/10.1061/9780784411803.fm
- Geosyntec Authors: Paul Summers, Guzhao Li
- Title: Wind Loads for Petrochemical and Other Industrial Facilities
- Event or Publication: Task Committee on Wind-Induced Forces of the Petrochemical Committee
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Sediment Assessment and Remediation
- Citation: Task Committee on Wind-Induced Forces of the Petrochemical Committee (Paul Summers and Guzhao Li, members) Wind Loads for Petrochemical and Other Industrial Facilities, American Society of Civil Engineers, October 2011.
- Date: 2010
- Type: Publication (Printed)