This workshop will provide participants with a basic understanding of LID approaches and techniques and how these techniques help achieve stormwater management goals and protect water quality and stream health.
The workshop will cover impacts of land development on hydrology and water quality; LID objectives and principles; site design measures; and an overview of LID practices, including bioretention/rain gardens and other landscape-based solutions, pervious paving, green roofs, rainwater harvesting, and more. The workshop will also present many examples of applications of LID in the U.S. and abroad and describe how LID is being integrated with stormwater management and permit compliance.
- Geosyntec Authors: Lisa Austin
- Title: LID 201: Design Guidelines for LID Practices
- Event or Publication: Proceedings of the International Low Impact Development Conference, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Practice Areas: Watershed and Stormwater Management
- Date: 2010
- Location: San Francisco, California