International Low Impact Development Conference Hosts Several Geosyntec Presenters
ATLANTA, Ga. — Geosyntec staff presented or led panel discussions at more than 10 workshops and technical sessions on various topics at the International Low Impact Development Conference sponsored by the America Society of Civil Engineers in San Francisco, California, on April 11-14, 2010. Below is a reference listing of Geosyntec's presentations and papers:
- Lisa Austin, PE, co-presented the "LID 101: Basic Concepts and Applications" and "LID 201: Design Guidelines for LID Practices" pre-conference workshops. She also presented "LID in New Schools: The LAUSD Example."
- Andrea Braga, M.ASCE, and Philip Reidy, PE, presented the session "Case Study: Permeable Friction Course (PFC) Asphalt and Rainwater Harvesting."
- Rene Fitsik presented the session "Effectiveness of Site Design and Low-impact Development on Stormwater Runoff Patterns at Partridgeberry Place LID Subdivision."
- Aaron Poresky, PE, presented "Site-level LID Monitoring and Data Interpretation: New Guidance for International BMP Database Studies (Part II)." His co-authors for this presentation were Geosyntec's Marc Leisenring, Marcus Quigley, PE, D.WRE, CPESC, Eric Strecker, PE, as well as Wright Water Engineers' Jane Clary.
- Steven Roy, LEED AP, presented the session "Sustainable Stormwater Management for Compliance with the Energy Act of 2007."
- Brandon Steets, PE, co-presented the workshop " Evaluation of the Contaminant Removal Potential of Biofiltration Media."
- Aaron Poresky, PE, filled in for Eric Strecker, PE, to present the session "The Feasibility and Desirability of Stormwater Retention On Site in California and on the West Coast."
In addition, Ken Susilo, PE, D.WRE, CSPWQ, participated in the panel discussion entitled, "Coast to Coast, Integration of Stormwater Management with the Urban Landscape/Impacts on Organizational Culture" at the conference. Peter Mangarella, PhD, PE, assisted with the coordination of the conference's South Bay tours. Peter and Lisa Austin both served on the conference steering committee.