Geosyntec and SiREM Staff Present at RemTEC 2011 in Chicago
Several representatives of Geosyntec and SiREM served as session co-chairs or presenters at RemTEC Summit 2011 in Chicago.
- Dave Major, Ph.D. (Toronto) served as Session Co-Chair for "Biological Reduction and Oxidation of Contaminants."
- Mike Kavanaugh, Ph.D. (Oakland) served as Panel Lead for the "Future of Subsurface Remediation Efforts in the United States: Barriers to Success."
- Bruce Marvin (Oakland) presented "Full-Scale Implementation of a Combined Ozone, Air Sparge and SVE Remedy for Treatment of a Mixed VOC DNAPL Source Zone."
- James Wang, Ph.D., P.E. (Washington, DC) presented "Electrokinetic Enhanced Bioremediation as an Innovative Remediation Technology."
- Gavin Grant, Ph.D., P.Eng. (Toronto) presented "Self-Sustaining Treatment for Active Remediation (STAR): Smoldering Combustion for the Treatment of Non Aqueous Phase Liquids."
- Phil Dennis (SiREM) presented "How Low Can You Go? Bioremediation of Chlorinated Ethenes in Cold Groundwater."
RemTEC 2011, held May 16 — 19, focused on the future of remediation technology and provides essential sources of information on technology, application and policy affecting the contaminated site restoration field from the world's leading experts within the academic, regulatory, industry, and environmental-consulting communities. More information can be found on the conference's web site at http://www.remtecsummit.com/.