Jason Conder to Present on PFAS in WEDA Webinar
Jason Conder, Ph.D., (California) will present a webinar on per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) for the Western Dredging Association (WEDA) at 12:00 p.m. EST on October 19, 2021.
Jason Conder is a Principal Scientist based in California with more than 15 years of experience focused on risk assessment and contaminated sediments in contaminated site assessment and management, environmental toxicology, and ecological and human health risk assessment. A significant portion of Jason's practice has focused on evaluating emerging chemicals of concern including PFAS.
WEDA is a non-profit technical professional organization devoted to the exchange of knowledge in fields related to dredging, navigation, marine engineering, and construction. WEDA is governed by 17 voting Board of Directors with the day-to-day operations managed by an Executive Director. WEDA is a member of The World Organization of Dredging Associations that covers North, Central, and South America.
General Webinar Outline
- What are PFAS?
- PFAS chemistry
- Major sources of PFAS to waterways
- Fate & bioaccumulation of PFAS
- Detections of PFAS in sediment and water
- Key sediment/water-derived PFAS risk drivers
- PFAS Regulations
- Regulatory focus mostly on drinking water, but stage is set for sediment.
- Regulatory activities related to PFAS in sediment
- The overlap for PFAS in sediment, PFAS risk, and PFAS environmental regulations
- The future of PFAS in sediment – questions and predictions
- What concerns will we have for contaminated sites?
- Will contaminated sites re-open for PFAS?
- What sediment remediation techniques will work best for PFAS?
- How will environmental and navigational dredging be impacted by PFAS?
- What are the science and engineering challenges (key research needs) for PFAS in sediment?
- Q & A
About the event: WEDA Webinar – PFAS
About WEDA: https://www.westerndredging.org/
Learn more about Jason: Jason Conder – Geosyntec Profile