Amer Hussain is a Principal Environmental Engineer based in California with more than 25 years of experience focused on groundwater assessment and remediation, regulatory compliance, and permitting. He specializes in assisting clients in the oil and gas, water resources, solid waste, and sand and gravel mining sectors in California.
Career Summary of Amer Hussain, P.E.
- Filter Text People: Amer Hussain is a Principal Environmental Engineer based in California with more than 25 years of experience focused on groundwater assessment and remediation, regulatory compliance, and permitting. He specializes in assisting clients in the oil and gas, water resources, solid waste, and sand and gravel mining sectors in California. A career highlight, Amer was instrumental in helping a major oil company navigate the implementation of California's SB-4 regulations requiring groundwater monitoring programs for well-stimulation activities. He was part of the initial discussions with the regulators assuring compliance while allowing the client to meet the operations deadlines. Other services included evaluating impacts from underground injection control (UIC) wells, sump closures, and aquifer exemptions. He also led the preparation of groundwater degradation studies to support the reuse of oil-field-produced water for agricultural purposes. Amer's experience with solid waste projects includes evaluation and detection monitoring and lead engineer services for construction quality assurance (CQA) solid waste management projects. These projects have included new lined cells and final covers for closure. Amer has also helped clients achieve the clean closure of unlined areas and burn dumps. Experienced in navigating complex projects, Amer understands the importance of coordinating among stakeholders to move projects forward to conclusion. For a major groundwater plume that had impacted numerous drinking water wells, he was key in coordinating a plan to meet the needs of the client, regulators, and the impacted municipality. Wellhead treatment systems were designed to both treat the groundwater plume and meet the water demand for the municipality. To advance the state of the practice, Amer has served as a lecturer for the California State University, Fresno Civil Engineering Program and is active with the Engineering Advisory Board.
- Specialties: Groundwater Assessment and Remediation; Sediment Assessment and Remediation; Vapor Intrusion; Remediation System Implementation; Integrated Water Resource Management Planning; Groundwater Extraction and Treatment Systems; Water Supply Production Wells; Solid Waste Recycling Facilities; Solid, Industrial, and Hazardous Waste Disposal Facilities
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Water and Natural Resources, Water Management, Civil Sites, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Geotechnical Engineering
- Education: M.S., Civil Engineering, California State University, Fresno, 1995; B.S., Civil Engineering, California State University, Fresno, 1989
- Registration: California Professional Engineer, P.E.57343