Brent Robinson is a Senior Principal Engineer based in Utah with more than 25 years of domestic and international civil engineering and environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) consulting experience. His primary technical expertise includes environmental site investigation and remediation, spill response, due diligence, environmental compliance, and permitting.
Brent has proven skills in project management, building and directing multi-disciplinary teams, planning, decision analysis, and regulatory interaction and negotiation. His extensive technical background, wide-ranging practical experience, and ability to interact with regulators and other stakeholders makes him an effective project team leader.
Among Brent's strengths is his experience helping clients manage investigations and corrective actions at complex sites impacted by chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, and metals. He has managed and performed numerous remediation projects, employing a wide range of remedies, including excavation, capping, groundwater extraction, free phase hydrocarbon recovery, dual phase extraction, soil venting, soil vapor extraction, bioremediation, sparging, chemical oxidation, and solidification technologies. Complementary to his experience with environmental assessment and remedial activities, Brent performs environmental due diligence and environmental liability valuations in support of property transactions, redevelopment, and portfolio management.
Brent speaks Japanese and formerly lived in Japan where he managed a site investigation and remediation team for an international consulting firm. He has provided a wide range of environmental consulting services to the aerospace, chemical, high-tech, mining, and oil & gas industries at facilities located throughout five continents.
An active participant in practice collaboration, Brent is actively involved with the Air & Waste Management Association (AWMA), the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Utah Petroleum Association, Utah Mining Association, and the Utah Manufacturing Association.
Career Summary of Brent Robinson, P.E.
- Specialties: Transaction Support & Post-Merger Integration, Legacy Site Portfolio Evaluation/Management, Site Investigation & Remediation, Spill Response, and Civil Site Engineering
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Environmental Management, Air Quality Management and Air Pollution Control, Civil Infrastructure, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Japanese Studies
- Education: M.S., Civil & Environmental Engineering, Utah State University; B.S., Civil & Environmental Engineering, Utah State University, Cum Laude
- Registration: Utah Professional Engineer, No. 189975-2202; Wyoming Professional Engineer, No. 11550; Certified Utah Underground Storage Tank (UST) Consultant