Chad Bird is a Senior Principal Engineer based in California with more than 20 years of professional experience focused on site characterization and remediation.
Chad specializes in engineering, design, and project management for remediation projects using various treatment technologies, including soil vapor extraction (SVE), dual-phase extraction (DPE), pump and treat with granular activated carbon (GAC), permeable reactive barriers (PRBs), electrical resistive heating (ERH), in situ chemical oxidation (ISCO), enhanced in situ bioremediation (EISB), as well as performing post-construction operation, maintenance, and monitoring (OMM) of treatment systems. Chad also specializes in vapor intrusion assessments and mitigation services. These services have been provided for small clients, such as dry-cleaning facilities, and large industrial clients, such as multi-billion-dollar aerospace and technology firms. The rapport he has established and respect he has achieved interacting with regulatory agencies facilitates closure of impacted sites and formal determinations of No Further Action required.
Chad has extensive experience performing feasibility studies, including scoping-level and detailed engineering cost analyses. He has prepared many engineering designs, including work plans and construction drawing packages, and has competitively procured contractors for small and large-scale remediation and construction projects. Chad has permitting experience with state, county, and city agencies. He has a background in general construction, including providing project management, construction management (CM), construction quality assurance (CQA), and site layout and record survey services. Chad is experienced with geotechnical and geosynthetic testing, as well as construction of geosynthetic and soil lining systems. He has prepared proposals, earthwork plans, treatment system plans, engineering cost estimates, work plans, specifications, CQA plans and reports, construction completion reports, and site characterization plans and reports.
Career Summary of Chad Bird, P.E.
- Specialties: Soil and Groundwater Remediation, Burn Site Remediation, Dry Cleaning Facilities, Industrial Site Cleanup, Permitting and Regulatory Support
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Water Management
- Disciplines: Environmental Engineering, Process Engineering
- Education: M.S., Environmental Engineering and Science, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 2003; B.S., Physics, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 1997
- Registration: California Professional Engineer, #70138; Arizona Professional Engineer, #63188