Conrad Ginther is a Principal Engineer based in Tennessee with more than 15 years of experience focused on delivering dam safety and seepage barrier projects that advance the state of the practice.
He oversees complex and high-profile engineering projects and has a strong background in specialty geotechnical construction, dam safety, design, and remediation for embankment and concrete dams. Conrad specializes in design and implementation of seepage barriers including drilling and grouting, cut-off walls, and composite barriers. He has extensive experience with best practices in dam safety, including participating in numerous dam safety inspections for projects regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and other federal and state agencies. Conrad has experience as an engineering consultant, contractor, and owner's representative on high-profile projects in the U.S. and abroad.
Conrad is an active member of the United States Society on Dams (USSD), the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO), the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), and the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI). He was the Technical Program Committee Chair for the USSD 2021 Conference and is a member of the USSD Construction & Rehabilitation committee and grouting committees for ASCE and DFI. Conrad's latest publication was "Monitoring While Engineering at the Boone Dam Internal Erosion Mitigation Project" presented at the USSD 2021 conference.
Career Summary of Conrad Ginther, P.E.
- Specialties: Dams Engineering, Geotechnical and Foundation Engineering, Seepage Barriers, Geohazard Characterization and Mitigation, Construction Management
- Practice Areas: Civil Infrastructure, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Facility Hazards
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering
- Education: B.S., Civil Engineering, Clemson University, 2004
- Registration: Alabama Professional Engineer, 34448; Colorado Professional Engineer 0049300; North Carolina Professional Engineer 041955; South Carolina Professional Engineer 27770