Cuneyt Gokmen is a Senior Principal Geoenvironmental Engineer with more than 20 years of experience focused in the areas of civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineering.
Career Summary of Cuneyt Gokmen, P.E.
- Filter Text People: Cuneyt Gokmen is a Senior Principal Geoenvironmental Engineer with more than 20 years of experience focused in the areas of civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineering. Cuneyt specializes in the management of large, multi-disciplinary projects and programs, often regulated by federal and state regulations such as RCRA, CERCLA, Georgia HSRA, and Alabama RBCA. He has been involved with site assessment, remediation, environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance, design, and construction projects for both government and private sector clients. Among these are the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Army National Guard, the Tennessee Valley Authority, and a wide range of industrial manufacturers. His experience includes site assessment, characterization, and remedial investigations; civil, geotechnical, and remediation design; project implementation and compliance (e.g., groundwater sampling and monitoring, soil sampling, gas sampling, free product recovery and system inspections, construction oversight, and quality assurance); and the use of rapid field screening tools such as CPT ROST-LIF, TarGOST, and MIP for investigations. Cuneyt aids clients with the screening and evaluation of emerging technologies; groundwater modeling; water resources evaluations; remedial process optimization (RPO) services; pollution prevention (P2) consultations; and community relations guidance. Successful projects include design elements such as groundwater capture and treatment, bioremediation, free-phase and vapor extraction, in-place and hydraulic containment, ex situ and in situ soil stabilization, solidification, neutralization and treatment, vacuum consolidation systems, mitigation of drop-outs/sinkholes, waste disposal facilities, and filter/drainage/liner systems. In addition, he specializes in the development, evaluation, and interpretation of test programs that examine the chemical compatibility of construction materials with landfill leachates and contaminated groundwater. He also has developed special laboratory and field-testing programs for the optimization of filter and drainage systems at coal combustion residue (CCR) disposal facilities and developed alternative CQA methods for the dry disposal of CCRs.
- Specialties: Site Investigation and Remediation; Specialized In Situ Treatment Technologies; Waste Containment Facility Planning and Design; Geotechnical Infrastructure and Foundation Engineering; Groundwater Assessment and Remediation
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
- Education: M.S., Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering; Louisiana State University, 1995; B.S., Civil Engineering, Dokuz Eylul University, 1990
- Registration: Georgia Professional Engineer, PE, PE028504; Professional Engineer, PE, 39119; Alabama Professional Engineer, PE, 34239; Kentucky Professional Engineer, PE, 30014; Tenneessee Registered Civil Engineer, RCE, 117003