Cuneyt Gokmen is a Senior Principal Geoenvironmental Engineer with more than 27 years of experience focused in the areas of civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineering.
Cuneyt specializes in the management of large, multi-disciplinary projects and programs. He managed numerous site assessment, remediation, environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance, design, and construction projects for both government and private sector clients, such as the U.S. Air Force, Army National Guard, Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), Southern Company, Honeywell, General Chemical, and other industrial manufacturers. Since 2015 (and currently ongoing), Cuneyt has been serving as the Program Director for Geosyntec's Southern Company Operations and providing a wide range of civil, geotechnical and environmental engineering services.
Cuneyt's experience includes: (i) site assessment, characterization and remedial investigations, stress and stability assessment of dams and associated geotechnical investigations; (ii) civil, geotechnical and remediation design [e.g., coal combustion residuals (CCRs) in-place closure and hydraulic containment, ex-situ/in-situ soil stabilization/solidification, waste disposal facilities, mitigation of karst/drop-outs/sinkholes, groundwater and soil remediation]; (iii) implementation and compliance [e.g., construction oversight and construction quality assurance (CQA), remedial system operations, and groundwater monitoring and reporting]; (iv) water resources evaluations; (v) remedial process optimization (RPO) and pollution prevention (P2); and (vi) regulatory/community/public relations.
Cuneyt served as the project director for the TVA Kingston Peninsula Disposal Site project, which received both the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) 2014 Georgia Engineering Excellence Grand Award and the National Recognition Award on the basis of future value to the engineering profession, social, economic and sustainable development considerations, complexity, and successful fulfilment of client/owner's needs.
Career Summary of Cuneyt Gokmen, P.E.
- Specialties: Site Investigation and Remediation; Specialized In Situ Treatment Technologies; Waste Containment Facility Planning and Design; Geotechnical Infrastructure and Foundation Engineering; Groundwater Assessment and Remediation
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
- Education: M.S., Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering; Louisiana State University, 1995; B.S., Civil Engineering, Dokuz Eylul University, 1990
- Registration: Georgia Professional Engineer, PE, PE028504; Professional Engineer, PE, 39119; Alabama Professional Engineer, PE, 34239; Kentucky Professional Engineer, PE, 30014; Tenneessee Registered Civil Engineer, RCE, 117003