David Bonnett is a Senior Principal Engineer based in Massachusetts with over 35 years of experience focused on water and natural resources engineering and waste containment facility planning and design, including environmental design, permitting, and construction oversight.
David has significant experience with construction quality assurance (CQA) and construction management (CM) for the installation of geosynthetics and soil liners for waste management facilities and for remedial construction activities for Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) closures, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) sites. He has been involved in 3,000 acres of lining system installation and closure construction.
As a consultant, David also has experience with the design and construction of mechanically stabilized earthen (MSE) berms, vertical and horizontal barriers such as secant piles, slurry walls and risk management measures, and a variety of remediation technologies. David has been involved in water resources-related engineering designs using low impact development (LID) concepts and is familiar with the biotechnologies and restoration of wetlands. He has overseen the development of renewable energy projects, including collection and treatment of landfill gas and the use of photovoltaic solar panels on closed landfills.
His construction management practice includes the liaison between client, contractor, and regulatory agencies, and has performed field audits, third-party reviews to resolve a variety of problems. David takes a solutions-based approach to issues to find a constructible, cost-effective resolution to a problem.
He has conducted numerous design and constructability reviews for waste management facilities and has provided construction claim support. Included in his extensive litigation support work, he has investigated and co-authored a root cause analysis report for 15.5-acre landfill failure within a State mandated ten-month period while assisting in management of the clean-up.
Career Summary of David Bonnett, P.E., P.Eng.
- Specialties: solid, industrial, and hazardous waste disposal facilities; low impact development; green infrastructure; earth retaining structures and excavation support; grading and earthworks
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Water and Natural Resources, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Construction Management, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources
- Education: B.S., Civil Engineering, McGill University, 1985; B.A., Biology, Queen’s University, 1979
- Registration: Registered Professional Engineer, Connecticut No. 18912; Maine No. 10088; Massachusetts No. 45358; New Hampshire No. 10881; New York No. 90889; Oregon No. 94427; Pennsylvania No. 77395; Rhode Island No. 8752; Vermont No. 6514; Ontario No. 90546862