Frederic Cosme is a Principal Engineer based in Melbourne, Australia with more than 20 years of experience focused on environmental consulting and hydrogeology. Frederic helps clients convert scientific outcomes of investigations into practical remedial engineering design considerations and tangible risk-based results.
Fred has spent most of his career assisting clients in the manufacturing, oil and gas, and former gasworks sectors. He has delivered outcomes for a range of environmental projects across Australia, including New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia; Europe; North America; and the Asia-Pacific region.
His experience includes conceptual site model development, hydrogeological assessments, remedial feasibility assessments, remedial pilot tests, groundwater risk assessments, landfill rehabilitation as well as groundwater resources and management. He has a proven track record in leading the implementation of innovative groundwater investigation and remediation techniques, including environmental forensics. He has extensive experience with fractured rock systems and coastal sites or sites adjacent to surface water.
Fred has advanced the state of the practice by pioneering the implementation of innovative applied and environmental groundwater tracing techniques. He has authored and co-authored over 25 scientific publications including a book chapter, refereed journal articles, and conference proceedings.
Career Summary of Frederic Cosme, CPEng, Ir.
- Specialties: Conceptual Site Model Development, Groundwater Assessment and Remediation, Applied and Environmental Tracers, Fate and Transport Studies and Modeling Groundwater and Surface Water Interaction.
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup
- Disciplines: Environmental Engineering, Hydrogeology
- Education: Geological Engineer, University of Liege (Belgium), 2001; Agricultural Engineer; Free University Brussels (Belgium), 1999
- Registration: Chartered Professional Engineer, Australia; National Engineering Register, Australia; Ir. – Civil Engineer, Belgium