Henning Holmström, Ph.D., MAusIMM, MAIG, is a Senior Principal Geochemist based in Sweden with more than 24 years of experience focused on mining and environmental projects from operation start-up to rehabilitation, mine closure, and mine-water treatment.
Henning has participated in the remediation of contaminated land and sediment for over two decades and was involved the large remediation projects in Sweden in the early 2000s. He has deep experience guiding clients through site investigations, remediation, and rehabilitation, as well as providing technical support for these endeavors.
His work with the Swedish Geological Survey, the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency, and several Swedish county administrations allows Henning to offer his clients expertise in governmental work, legislation, and regulatory compliance. In addition, he has held training courses in mining, mine closure, permitting, and related environmental concerns with attendees from around the world, including from developing countries in Southeast Asia. Henning has also advised masters-level students throughout his career and maintains close ties to academia, participating in research and committees focused on mining and metals. Henning has supported the Geological Survey of Sweden regarding mine closure, closure costing, and assistance with environmental bonds.
His professional experience includes international work for mining companies e.g. Lundin Mining, Boliden and junior exploration companies. Henning has also represented Tasman Metals Ltd and currently represents Grängesberg Exploration AB in the Swedish Mining Association (Svemin).
Career Summary of Henning Holmström, Ph.D., MAusIMM, MAIG
- Specialties: Exploration and Technical Studies (Mining); Mine Development Projects; Mine Closure; Waste and Water Management; Contaminated Land and Site Assessments; Remediation/Rehabilitation of Contaminated Sites; Environmental Permitting; Contaminated Sediments and Sediment Remediation
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup
- Disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology
- Education: Ph.D. (Applied Geology), Luleå University of Technology, 2000; Licentiate in Engineering (Applied Geology), Luleå University of Technology, 1998; M.Sc. in Geotechnology (Geochemistry), Luleå University of Technology, 1996
- Registration: Member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (MAusIMM); Member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists (MAIG); Member of the Fennoscandian Association for Metals and Minerals Professionals (FAMMP)