Ian Richardson is a Senior Principal based in Ontario with more than 30 years of experience developing remedial strategies and negotiating and implementing remedial action at complex sites in the U.S. and Canada.
Ian's client sites include operating and closed facilities and multi PRP Superfund sites. Clients retain Ian when they have encountered problems or their progress has been stalled due to factors including incomplete site conceptual models, strained regulatory or stakeholder relationships, and unclear strategy for project success. Ian brings a practical approach to assessing and then working to resolve the key underlying issues. Ian has also participated on longstanding strategy review teams for several key clients.
Instrumental in the Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council's (ITRC) Remediation Management of Complex Sites team, Ian helped develop a technical guidance document for state environmental regulators.
Career Summary of Ian Richardson, P.Eng., P.E.
- Specialties: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Site Strategy Development and Review, Civil Site Engineering and Design, Environmental Planning and Management, Transactional Due Diligence and Consultation
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Environmental Management, Civil Infrastructure
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geology
- Education: M.A.Sc., Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo, 1990; B.A.Sc., Geological Engineering, University of Toronto, 1985
- Registration: Professional Engineer, P.Eng. Ontario and Alberta; Professional Engineer, P.E. Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia.