Janet Goodfellow is a Principal Engineer based in Ontario with more than 20 years of professional experience focused on industrial water and wastewater challenges for a variety of sectors, including food and beverage, mining, and manufacturing.
Janet's areas of expertise include: upfront strategy development and feasibility studies to develop best technical solutions, treatability and pilot studies, process development and modeling, engineering design, construction management, operation and maintenance, troubleshooting, and training services. In addition, she helps industrial clients understand the sources of wastewater within their operations which allows for a focus on source reduction, rather than end- of-pipe treatment. Additionally, she conducts water footprinting studies and evaluates closed-loop water management opportunities.
She excels at managing multi-disciplinary environmental compliance projects and coordinates other environmental compliance efforts on behalf of her industrial clients, including Emergency Preparedness and Community Right-to-Know Act, Clean Air Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans.
Janet's food industry experience includes potato processing, prepared foods, protein processing, soup and beverage manufacturing, sweeteners and rendering.
She has helped clients in Canada, the United States, American Samoa, and China; and is a registered professional engineer in Ontario and Manitoba.
Career Summary of Janet Goodfellow, P.Eng.
- Specialties: Process development and bioprocess modelling; Water reuse and waste-to-energy; Engineering design process; Troubleshooting; Training
- Practice Areas: Water Management, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Environmental Engineering
- Education: B.Sc. Eng. Environmental Engineering, University of Guelph, 1999
- Registration: Ontario Professional Engineer, 100053031; Manitoba Professional Engineer, 31419