Jeff Daniel is a Senior Principal Engineer based in Ontario with more than 28 years of experience focused on helping clients in Canada and the United States develop and implement solutions to complex environmental issues.
In this role, Jeff often remediates and restores contaminated sediment sites. He offers practical, solution-oriented approaches to environmental projects throughout their life cycles, including initial characterization, development of conceptual site models, establishment of cleanup goals, and remedial technology selection, design, and implementation.
Working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and technologists, Jeff also addresses landfill design, permitting, construction, and closure; contaminated material solidification and stabilization; on-site and off-site thermal treatment; low-level radioactive waste cleanup; environmental site assessments; groundwater and surface-water collection and treatment; site decommissioning and closure; permitting; natural resource damage assessments; and naturalized stream restoration.
Having implemented dozens of significant projects across North America, Jeff is adept at using traditional and innovative approaches to manage contaminated media; these approaches include dredging and excavation, in situ treatment, beneficial reuse, capping, and on-site disposal in engineered containment facilities. Many of Jeff’s sediment remediation projects have involved complex access challenges that have required innovative methods to achieve successful and cost-effective solutions. Jeff has also contributed to the state of practice, authoring technical papers and participating in many industry conferences and symposia.
Career Summary of Jeff Daniel, P.Eng., P.E.
- Specialties: Sediment Assessment and Remediation; Conceptual Site Model Development; Remedial Design; Regulatory Strategy and Cleanup Goal Development; Treatability and Pilot Studies; Radiological Waste Management and Disposal Facilities; Stream and Lake Restoration Studies and Design
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Water and Natural Resources, Civil Infrastructure, Environmental, Social, and Governance
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- Education: B.A.Sc., Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo, 1993
- Registration: Ontario Professional Engineer, 90436692 Nova Scotia Professional Engineer, 20200332 British Columbia Professional Engineer, 54629 Michigan Professional Engineer, 6201044981