Jeffrey Schneider is a Principal Engineer based in Wisconsin with more than 15 years of consulting experience in geotechnical and water resource engineering and geohazard assessment and mitigation.
Jeff evaluates and mitigates geotechnical and hydrotechnical risks related to pipelines and energy infrastructure with a focus in trenchless design for pipeline installations.
Using his technical expertise and practical experience in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, geologic characterization, rock mechanics, groundwater, and water resource engineering, Jeff helps clients address pipeline geohazards. This work includes conducting initial evaluations for pipeline routing and mitigating hazards to existing infrastructure using slope stabilization design, river channel migration evaluation, river channel and bank stabilization design, erosion mitigation, and pipeline replacement design.
In particular, Jeff evaluates, designs, and implements trenchless applications for pipeline installations with an emphasis on horizontal directional drilling (HDD), primarily for oil and gas clients. He also develops geotechnical investigation programs, feasibility and risk evaluations, inadvertent drilling fluid return potential analyses and mitigation plans, and pipeline stress and pullback force evaluations. His detailed designs for HDD installations of plastic and steel pipe include pipe diameters ranging from 2-inches to 42-inches and may span more than 5,000 feet for crossings on environmentally sensitive areas and critical infrastructure in both urban and remote areas. In addition, Jeff serves as a subject matter expert for feasibility evaluations and alternatives evaluations of trenchless designs for nontraditional applications.
With extensive programmatic project management experience and experience building and leading geographical and technical diverse multidisciplinary teams, Jeff offers best-value solutions to help clients solve challenging issues. He has led multiyear integrity management, asset management, capital improvement and upgrade projects for power and energy sectors clients across the country and draws on this experience to manage teams that provide the full scope of services for his client’s projects.
Career Summary of Jeffrey Schneider, P.E.
- Specialties: Horizontal Directional Drilling Evaluation and Design; Geohazard identification, Evaluation, and Mitigation; Geohazard Management; Hydrotechnical and Geotechnical Risk Evaluation
- Practice Areas: Environmental Management, Water and Natural Resources, Civil Infrastructure, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Disciplines: Geological Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geology
- Education: M.S., Geological Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2007 B.S., Geological Engineering and Geology/Geophysics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
- Registration: Professional Engineer in Wisconsin (43785-6), Washington (47725), Utah (8132371-2202), and Michigan (6201068982)