Jennifer Wilkie is a Principal Engineer based in Illinois with more than 20 years of experience in environmental research and consulting focused on providing multidisciplinary services and support to clients.
Career Summary of Jennifer Wilkie, Ph.D., P.E.
- Filter Text People: Jennifer Wilkie is a Principal Engineer based in Illinois with more than 20 years of experience in environmental research and consulting focused on providing multidisciplinary services and support to clients. Jennifer's practice spans a wide range of disciplines including site characterization and the remediation of sediment, soil, groundwater, surface water, and air; sediment management; environmental chemistry and forensics; and litigation support. Jennifer has supported industrial, federal, and private party clients at sites ranging in size from small commercial facilities to large Superfund sites, helping her clients effectively navigate the regulatory frameworks of CERCLA, RCRA, and state cleanup programs. As a researcher and consultant, Jennifer has worked at sites contaminated by chemicals including dioxins and furans, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), chlorinated solvents, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), pesticides, arsenic, and metals. Her experience includes all project phases from remedial investigations and feasibility studies to long-term operations and monitoring. She has assisted clients and their legal counsel in developing strategies for dealing with environmental litigation matters and has participated in negotiations with state and federal agencies. Over her career, Jennifer has demonstrated a talent for communication to technical and non-technical audiences. These characteristics, coupled with her broad engineering background, have provided her with the experience to successfully support her clients in a variety of environmental litigation matters including individual, class action, and mass joinder lawsuits. Jennifer has provided expert witness testimony in deposition and trial (bench and jury) and has been tendered as an expert witness in state and federal courts. Jennifer has published or presented more than 20 scientific papers in the areas of environmental science and engineering and served on the Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC) where she contributed to the regulatory guidance document on remediation approaches and remedy selection for contaminated sediments. She also has an appointment as an adjunct professor in the Armour College of Engineering at Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Specialties: Multimedia Site Characterization and Remediation; Sediment Management; Environmental Chemistry and Forensics; Risk-Based Site Closure; Litigation Support
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Environmental Management, Water and Natural Resources
- Disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- Education: Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 1997; M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 1994; B.S., Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University, 1991; B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University, 1991
- Registration: Professional Engineer: Florida (88128), Illinois (062.056377), Indiana (PE11800719), Louisiana (PE.0036458), Michigan (6201068106), Missouri (2018042173)