Keaton Botelho is a Principal Engineer based in California with more than 17 years of experience in remedial design and construction, landfill expansions and closures, geosynthetics, earthwork monitor and test management, geotechnical investigations, foundation design and installation, concrete design, and environmental and civil infrastructure.
As the manager of the Geoenvironmental Group in San Diego, Keaton partners with clients to plan and design solid waste containment sites. He also oversees site permitting, implementation, and the remediation of contaminated sites for our clients.
While Keaton served as the project manager and design lead on a large remediation landfill project, he managed the excavation of impacted soils, the reconsolidation of soils, and the process of covering the soils with an engineered cap that consisted of a vapor collection system and a low permeability geosynthetic barrier. Keaton also used an air treatment system to control of volatile organic compound (VOC) impacted soils and the removal wastes from a pit under a negative pressure enclosure. In addition, he supported clients with the implementation of environmental monitoring and controls for fugitive emissions, odor, and noise due the proximity of the site to a residential neighborhood and high school.
Design-build project delivery is another area of Keaton’s expertise. He works closely with remediation contractors to provide clients with collaborative solutions to meet demanding schedules and site conditions that change. Having completed projects throughout the western United States, Keaton understands the project development process from conception to implementation within regulatory environments. The breadth of his experience in containment design, waste containment permitting, and construction provides clients with solutions that are innovative, efficient, and adaptable to site-specific requirements.
Career Summary of Keaton Botelho
- Specialties: Waste Management Planning, Engineering, and Design; Geotechnical and Geological Analysis, Modeling, and Engineering; Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup; Infrastructure Engineering and Design
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
- Education: B.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2006
- Registration: California Professional Engineer, C75943; Utah Professional Engineer, 11839305-2202