Leslie Griffin is a Senior Principal Civil Engineer based in Georgia with more than 20 years of experience focused on the design and construction of large, multi-disciplinary projects involving waste containment, civil and infrastructure design, and site remediation across the United States and in Africa.
As a consultant, Leslie assists clients with design, management, and construction-phase services related to waste containment and sub-surface barrier systems for low-level radioactive waste, hazardous waste, municipal solid waste, and ash waste. Her design experience includes civil site layout; surface water management systems; erosion and sediment control; composite liner and final cover systems; and conveyance systems for impacted water and leachate. Leslie also applies her design and construction experience to remediation, brownfield redevelopment, and water resources projects. She provides these services to a variety of clients, including local and federal government agencies, waste management companies, oil and gas producers, manufacturers, and transportation companies.
Leslie was a design engineer for an innovative on-site disposal facility that Geosyntec proposed and built during the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) closure of the expansive Fernald uranium processing facility in Ohio. She coordinated multiple construction packages for the 65-acre facility used to dispose of low-level radioactive waste. Her projects in Africa included design services, hydrogeological and geotechnical field services, and construction quality assurance for disposal facilities that accept waste produced in the construction and operation of the Chad-Cameroon Petroleum Development and Pipeline Project. Upon their completion, both the Fernald and Chad Export projects earned awards and commendations from the American Council of Engineering Companies for their innovation and high standards of quality.
Building upon her early successes at Geosyntec, Leslie is a senior project manager and client service manager for the design and construction of the on-site disposal cell at the DOE's Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant, also in Ohio. She regularly assists her clients in planning and developing delivery strategies to meet their project schedules and budget. She also prepares design reports, permit applications, construction drawings, technical specifications, and operations and maintenance plans for various types of systems.
Career Summary of Leslie Griffin, P.E.
- Specialties: Solid, Industrial, and Hazardous Waste Disposal Facilities; Radiological Waste Management and Disposal Facilities; Feasibility Studies and Remediation System Design, Remediation System Implementation
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
- Education: M.S., Civil Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 1999; B.S., Civil Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 1997
- Registration: Georgia Professional Engineer, 29228; Ohio Professional Engineer, 75942