Lynn McGuire is a Senior Principal Engineer based in California with more than 34 years of experience in process and environmental engineering consulting for air quality and greenhouse gas (GHG) management supporting corporate programs, permitting, reporting, and sustainability practices.
Career Summary of Lynn McGuire, P.E.
- Filter Text People: Lynn McGuire is a Senior Principal Engineer based in California with more than 34 years of experience in process and environmental engineering consulting for air quality and greenhouse gas (GHG) management supporting corporate programs, permitting, reporting, and sustainability practices. Lynn consults primarily in the energy sector, including energy consumers, producers, and fuels manufacturing, distribution, and use. This includes both conventional energy suppliers as well as renewable energy, and conventional fuels and renewable fuels. Most recently, demand for her work has evolved to providing technical strategic support on projects that are addressing the energy transition as well as air quality needs of businesses often teamed with inhouse and/or external counsel. She is recognized for a range of technical expertise that includes GHG management program advising and implementation (federal, local, and corporate programs), renewable and conventional fuel and energy project environmental support, air quality and environmental permitting (NSR/PSD, California Environmental Quality Act [CEQA]), air pollution control system design and optimization, environmental process engineering, project scoping and environmental compliance strategy, regulatory compliance management, emission quantification, impact and health risk assessment. Providing strategic corporate advisement and technical assistance on the rapidly evolving programs in California and the Western U.S., Lynn addresses emission reduction, carbon management, capital project implementation and regulatory compliance. In addition, Lynn has served as principal lead consultant on numerous high-profile energy projects undergoing environmental design, assessment, permitting, public review and approval. With three decades of experience leading and executing projects in states with cutting edge environmental policies, Lynn has helped numerous businesses successfully navigate complex environmental requirements and has developed valued working relationships with state and local air quality management agencies, other lead agencies under CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act), and U.S. EPA Region 9. She has also taught courses in air pollution control systems and strategies and guest lectures on renewable energy for the University of California, Berkeley and Davis Extension programs. She has authored nationally distributed publications, and presented papers on renewable energy, GHG management, reporting and regulatory compliance at national, state and local conferences and events.
- Specialties: Air quality and GHG management; Conventional and renewable energy project permitting, emission control specification, and startup; Control technology and emission reduction assessments and studies; Regulatory compliance assurance and auditing; Emission quantification, impact and health risk assessment
- Practice Areas: Environmental Management, Air Quality Management and Air Pollution Control
- Disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering
- Education: M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Texas, 1990; B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Davis, 1984
- Registration: California Professional Engineer, P.E. CH5026