Marc Rogoff is a Senior Consultant based in Florida with more than 38 years of professional experience focused on solid waste management as a public agency manager and consultant.
Career Summary of Marc Rogoff, Ph.D.
- Filter Text People: Marc Rogoff is a Senior Consultant based in Florida with more than 38 years of professional experience focused on solid waste management as a public agency manager and consultant. He has managed more than 350 consulting assignments across the United States on all facets of solid waste management including waste collection studies, facility feasibility assessments, facility site selection, property acquisition, environmental permitting, operation plan development, solid waste facility benchmarking; ordinance development, solid waste plans, financial assessments, rate studies/audits, development of construction procurement documents, bid and RFP evaluation, contract negotiation, and bond financings. Marc's experience helping clients includes directing feasibility reports for nearly two dozen solid waste projects totaling more than $1.2 billion in project financings. He has also developed detailed spreadsheet rate models for clients establishing the financial feasibility of projects, long-term economic forecasts, and projected rate impact on project users and customers. Marc has extensive experience in the development of waste-to-energy projects from assessing initial feasibility to commercial operations monitoring. He has conducted bond feasibility studies, operations assessments, and provided recommendation on key procurement issues. Additionally, Marc has assisted his clients by interacting with bond rating agencies, financial advisors, insurance underwriters and investment bankers involved in these financings. During the course of his governmental and consulting career, Marc has directed or conducted more than 50 solid waste system rate analyses and delivered testimony before city councils and county commissions regarding their impact on customers. In 2017, Marc was selected to the Editorial Advisory Board from MSW Management Magazine and the Editorial Advisory Board from Waste Advantage Magazine. He was selected for the Professional Achievement Award from the Solid Waste Association of North America in 1991. Marc was also honored with several awards from the Florida Sunshine Chapter Solid Waste Association of North America including: Distinguished Service Award, 1991; Outstanding Contribution, 1992, 1993, 1999; and the Professional Achievement Award in 2006. He was additionally given the Meritorious Service Award from the Florida West Coast Branch, APWA, 2007.
- Specialties: Waste Management and Minimization Services; Solid Waste Recycling; Solid, Industrial, and Hazardous Waste Disposal Facilities
- Practice Areas: Environmental Management, Waste Management
- Disciplines: Environmental Finance, Soil Science
- Education: M.B.A., University of Tampa, Finance, 1986; Ph.D., Michigan State University, Resource Development, 1979; M.S., Cornell University, Soil Science, 1975; B.S., Cornell University, Environmental Science, 1973
- Registration: Certified Environmental Professional, CEP No. 322; Qualified Environmental Professional, QEP, No. 4970062