Mark Grivetti, P.G., CHG, CEG, REA, is a Senior Principal Hydrogeologist based in California with more than 30 years of experience focused on characterization and remediation of hazardous waste sites, surface and groundwater resource management, and engineering geology studies for a wide range of projects.
Mark brings creative environmental solutions to the redevelopment of complex sites impacted by soil and groundwater contamination. He has worldwide experience in the investigation and remediation of sites impacted by contamination. His technical expertise and project management experience facilitate the implementation of strategies that bring various stakeholders (clients, regulators, technical experts) together to build consensus on cost effective remedial strategies. Due to his diverse background in development of water resources, geologic assessment, and seismicity studies throughout the world, Mark has a unique blend of technological expertise. He has extensive experience in managing remedial investigations, risk assessments, and remedial actions at former refineries, landfills, manufactured gas plant sites, and many other sites. He has been recognized by the courts as a technical expert, and he has provided effective courtroom testimony.
Career Summary of Mark Grivetti, P.G., CHG, CEG, REA
- Specialties: Site Investigation and Remediation; Groundwater Assessment and Remediation, Specialized In Situ Treatment Technology; Vapor Intrusion; Geotechnical Infrastructure and Foundation Engineering; Brownfields Redevelopment Planning and Design
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Disciplines: Environmental Sciences, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Hydrogeology
- Education: M.A., Geology, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1982; B.A., Geology, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1979
- Registration: Registration: Professional Geologist, California, 4272; Certified Engineering Geologist, California, 1370; Certified Hydrogeologist, California, 211