Peter de Haven is a Senior Principal Engineer based in North Carolina with 20 years of experience focused on site characterization, data management and analysis, numerical modeling, and both the conceptual and final design of engineered remediation measures for groundwater, soils, and sediments.
Career Summary of Peter de Haven, P.E.
- Filter Text People: Peter de Haven is a Senior Principal Engineer based in North Carolina with 20 years of experience focused on site characterization, data management and analysis, numerical modeling, and both the conceptual and final design of engineered remediation measures for groundwater, soils, and sediments. Pete has performed comprehensive project management, team leadership, and a broad range of technical services for projects and facilities in 25 U.S. states and territories and the United Kingdom. His work has encompassed multidisciplinary activities and client and regulatory interaction through long-term client-site assignments, synthesis of disparate investigative methods, strategic planning, and communication to technical and non-technical project stakeholders. He specializes in addressing investigative and remedial administrative orders under CERCLA, as well as executing and managing projects under RCRA, state-regulated, and non-regulatory frameworks. He has planned, managed, and executed field tasks covering a broad range of surface, subsurface, and waterway investigations, geophysical surveys, and remedial pilot testing. He has developed and led sediment characterization investigations in estuarine, riverine, and lacustrine settings. He has focused on the assessment of both biotic and abiotic media, sediment geochronology and natural recovery assessments, geochemical assessments, and conceptual site model (CSM) development using 2-D/3-D geographic information systems (GIS) and relational databases. Pete is a registered civil engineer and is the author of several conference and poster presentations on the use of wetland hydrology assessments, sediment characterization and geochronology, GIS and databases, optimized characterization programs, and geostatistical evaluations.
- Specialties: Site Investigation and Remediation; Groundwater Assessment and Remediation; Sediment Assessment and Remediation; Brownfields Redevelopment Planning and Design
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup
- Disciplines: Environmental Engineering, Hydrogeology, Environmental and Geotechnical Data Management
- Education: M.S., Civil Engineering; environmental fluid mechanics/hydrology, Stanford University, 1997; BSE, Civil-Environmental Engineering (magna cum laude), Princeton University, 1996
- Registration: Georgia Professional Engineer, 28392