Rebecca Daprato is a Senior Principal Environmental Engineer based in Colorado with more than 14 years of professional experience focused on groundwater and soil site assessments, remedial system technology evaluations, cost estimating and design, remedial system optimization, remedial system construction and operation, vapor intrusion and the design, installation, optimization, and operation of leachate treatment systems.
Rebecca helps clients resolve complex issues by providing groundwater and soil site assessments; remedial system technology evaluations; cost estimating and design; remedial system optimization; remedial system construction, operation, and optimization; subsurface vapor intrusion assessment; and subsurface vapor intrusion mitigation design and implementation. She also assists clients with the evaluation and implementation of bioremediation applications for the remediation of chlorinated solvent impacted groundwater, including the application of molecular techniques to evaluate dechlorination potential and extent. Rebecca has worked for industrial, commercial, municipal, and federal clients under state-mandated and voluntary programs, and the U.S. EPA RCRA program.
In addition to site investigation and remediation, Rebecca helps her clients manage and treat leachate generated at landfills. Her experience includes the design, implementation, and operation of advanced oxidation treatment systems, moving bed biofilm reactors, and the use of hydrogen peroxide for sulfide treatment.
Rebecca also provides environmental litigation support for her clients, including technical support to defend tort suits and to recover claims compensation from the client’s insurance carrier related to environmental remediation expenditures. She has also performed environmental liability valuation estimates for industrial clients providing estimates of probability and cost for appropriate environmental remediation scenarios. Rebecca has also assisted her clients with RCRA permitting applications, including Part B Permit applications and Remedial Action Plan permit applications. In addition, she has reviewed hazardous waste storage tank designs for compliance with RCRA requirements.
Rebecca was a contributing author of the Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC) Green and Sustainable Remediation technology overview and technical guidance documents and continues as an internet-based trainer for the Green and Sustainable Remediation Team.
Career Summary of Rebecca Daprato, Ph.D., P.E.
- Specialties: Site investigations including conceptual site model development; feasibility studies and technology evaluation; remediation system design, pilot studies; implementation; remediation system operation and optimization; vapor intrusion; leachate treatment
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup
- Disciplines: Environmental Engineering
- Education: Education: Ph.D., Environmental Science and Engineering, Rice University, Houston, 2007; M.S., Environmental Science and Engineering, Rice University, Houston, 2001; B.S., Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Florida State University, 1999
- Registration: Professional Engineer in Florida (69809); North Carolina (038090); Missouri (2012024235); Texas (114007)