Ryan Duckett is a Senior Engineer based in Virginia who focuses on solid waste advisory services and integrated solid waste management with an emphasis on organics and diversion.
Ryan specializes in sustainable materials management, including planning, environmental compliance, facility feasibility and development, operations, and program financial modeling.
Clients turn to Ryan for his highly integrated approach to solid waste management. With more than a decade of experience in research, engineering/design, and management consulting in the field, he has cultivated a breadth of interdisciplinary experience for a variety of clients. His work ranges from serving as the primary contact for multifaceted environmental services contracts to developing complex pro forma models using scenario analysis to assess the implementation of new programs.
Ryan advances the state of practice in solid waste management, often addressing material collections, transfer, recycling, and processing (i.e., composting and special waste management). He has a knack for combining meticulous engineering design with big-picture planning for site-civil construction from pre-planning and permitting through construction administration and facility commissioning. Ryan works at the fore of the organics management field in Virginia, is President of the Virginia Composting Council, and is active with the United States Composting Council. In addition, he is on the Board of Directors of the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Virginia Chapter and leads its Technical Committee, organizing annual trainings and technical tours in the Commonwealth.
Career Summary of Ryan Duckett, P.E.
- Specialties: Integrated Solid Waste Management; Sustainable Materials Management; Composting and Organics Management; Pro Forma Development and Scenario/Options Modeling; Solid Waste Collections (Curbside and Drop-off Facilities); Transfer Stations and Convenience Centers
- Practice Areas: Waste Management
- Disciplines: Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Business Management
- Education: M.B.A., Virginia Commonwealth University, 2020 B.S., Environmental Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2014
- Registration: Virginia Professional Engineer, P.E. 0402059487 North Carolina Professional Engineer, P.E. 052581