Saverio Siciliano is a Senior Principal Consultant based in California with more than 20 years of experience in geo-engineering focused on solving municipal and private client's problems dealing with site subsurface conditions and the environment.
Saverio is a client-focused, dedicated program manager for large multi-disciplinary contracts and has managed large design teams on award-winning projects in California.
Saverio was project manager and lead engineering geologist for the design of the Central Segment of the La Pata Gap Closure near San Juan Capistrano, California. The closure is a two-mile long new Class 1 Arterial Highway with four grade separation structures constructed over challenging geologic conditions. The difficult conditions include a 3,000-foot-long, 300-foot-deep landslide deposit and an old 120-foot-deep municipal solid waste landfill. The project received the Project of the Year Award by American Society of Civil Engineers, Orange County Branch, and was featured on Roads and Bridges Magazine as one of the top roads projects in the United States for the award year. Saverio has helped clients manage multi-million-dollar, multi-disciplinary, multi-year projects involving landfill on-call engineering. The services for clients have included geological, geotechnical, and environmental engineering assessments; regulatory compliance support; landfill design, and landfill gas to energy conversion.
In California, Saverio has been responsible for some of the geological and geotechnical design aspects of large infrastructure projects such as the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge and the tunnels at Devil's Slide near San Francisco. Saverio is fluent in English, Spanish and Italian.
Career Summary of Saverio Siciliano, P.G., C.E.G.
- Specialties: Geological Engineering; Geo-environmental Engineering; Multi-discipline Project Management
- Practice Areas: Environmental Management, Civil Infrastructure, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Disciplines: Geological Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geology
- Education: Master of Science, Civil Engineering (Geotechnical), University of Southern California, 1998; Laurea in Scienze Geologiche (M.Sc.), University of Ferrara, Italy, 1995
- Registration: Certified Engineering Geologist, California CEG No. 2409; Registered Professional Geologist, California PG No. 8025