Sean Ragain is a Senior Principal Geologist based in Oregon with more than 30 years of experience focused on providing hydrogeologic and environmental consulting services to private industry clients and governmental agencies. Sean leads soil and groundwater characterization studies under federal CERCLA and RCRA regulations, and state programs throughout the western United States, Alaska, and the Pacific Islands.
He also manages the closure and reuse of contaminated properties formerly used in aerospace; forest products; agricultural; chemical; manufacturing and storage; and active and inactive defense sites. Sean routinely provides technical support and analyses to attorneys on complex environmental and groundwater issues related to property development, insurance cost recovery, and land use planning. He manages the design and implementation of a wide range of remediation systems utilizing a variety of clean-up technologies for groundwater and soil. Sean has extensive experience in the management of remote projects ranging from rural Alaska to remote Pacific Islands and the high desert.
In addition to his consulting practice, Sean routinely presents his environmental and water resources restoration work in peer reviewed journals and at technical conferences across the United States.
Career Summary of Sean Ragain, R.G.
- Specialties: Site Investigation and Remediation; Groundwater Assessment and Remediation; Sediment Assessment and Remediation
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup
- Disciplines: Earth Sciences, Hydrogeology
- Education: B.S., Geology, Kent State University, 1988
- Registration: Oregon, Registered Professional Geologist, 1829; Washington, Licensed Geologist, 694; Idaho, Registered Professional Geologist, 990