Suzanne Gabriele is a Principal Consultant based in Colorado with more than 25 years of professional experience focused in the areas of environmental policy and management systems development and implementation, environmental compliance, and environmental site assessment and remediation for clients in a variety of industries including mining, manufacturing, and food processing.
Career Summary of Suzanne Gabriele
- Specialties: Management Systems, Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Environmental Management
- Disciplines: Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- Education: B.S., Industrial Engineering, Lehigh University, 1988
- Filter Text People: Suzanne Gabriele is a Principal Consultant based in Colorado with more than 25 years of professional experience focused in the areas of environmental policy and management systems development and implementation, environmental compliance, and environmental site assessment and remediation for clients in a variety of industries including mining, manufacturing, and food processing. Examples of Suzanne's experience include managing numerous environmental policy and management system (EMS) development and implementation projects where the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Compliance-focused EMS standard is required. Although the systems that Suzanne develops more closely resemble those developed under the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard, they are accepted by EPA for use under these conditions. The end result for her clients is an optimally performing and flexible system. One of Suzanne's EMS clients has seen the number of Clean Water Act (CWA) violations drop from almost 150 to less than four over the past five years. Another was able to reduce wastewater treatment costs and increase byproduct revenues through system implementation. Suzanne has also acted as project manager or director for regulatory compliance evaluations and assessments. She has extensive knowledge of environmental regulations associated with a wide array of laws including CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, and CWA and she assists clients in developing assessment and audit protocols at industrial facilities throughout the US. She has prepared chemical inventories, emissions reports, and permit applications, and developed management and pollution prevention plans for hazardous wastes and materials and industrial waste and storm water. Also, Suzanne coordinates environmental site assessment, investigation and remediation activities including work plan preparation, permitting, sub-contractor management, interaction with business and community representatives, review and evaluation of data, and preparation of reports. Suzanne has prepared Quality Assurance Project Plans and acted as Quality Assurance Manager for complex environmental investigation and remediation projects. She has established in house protocols for data validation and leads data usability review projects. Suzanne also has training and experience in completing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) in accordance with EPA's All Appropriate Inquiry/ASTM E1527 requirements and is the branch lead for due diligence services. To advance the state of the practice, Suzanne is active on Geosyntec’s Environmental Management Action Group steering committee; she mentors junior level practitioners within Geosyntec; and she is an active member of the Colorado Environmental Management Society and the Rocky Mountain Association of Environmental Professionals.