Tamara Hebeler is a Principal Engineer based in Georgia with more than 20 years of experience focused on engineering design for several large geotechnical, remediation, and waste management projects including field exploration, preparation of design and construction level drawings, supporting design calculations and specifications, and project management.
Currently, Tamara is the Program Manager for the Robins Air Force Base (AFB) Integrated Environmental Support Tasks (BIEST) fence-to-fence environmental compliance contract. Her project activities include air quality compliance, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) reporting, water quality compliance, hazardous materials management, hazardous and solid waste management, Environmental Management Systems (EMS), training, spills, and conservation. Tamara is also the Deputy Delivery Order (DO) Manager for Geosyntec's Indefinite Delivery – Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract with Robins AFB. The range of environmental services provided to the client includes: vapor intrusion investigations, site assessments, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, remedial designs, corrective actions, long-term monitoring, monitoring well installation, remedial system optimization, community relations, environmental assessments (EAs), and environmental baseline surveys (EBSs).
Tamara was the Georgia America Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Young Civil Engineer of the Year in 2006, the Georgia Engineer's Week 2007 Young Engineer of the Year, the recipient of the 2014 Shamsher Prakash Annual Prize for Excellence in the Practice of Geotechnical Engineering, and was selected for membership into the Council of Outstanding Young Engineering Alumni at the Georgia Institute of Technology in 2015.
Career Summary of Tamara Hebeler, P.E.
- Specialties: Environmental Compliance, Remedial Investigations and Remedial Optimization, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources, Waste Management
- Practice Areas: Contaminated Site Assessment and Cleanup, Environmental Management, Water and Natural Resources, Water Management, Civil Infrastructure, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Disciplines: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering
- Education: MS, Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 1999; BS, Civil Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 1997
- Registration: Registered Professional Engineer, Alabama, No. 36931; Georgia, No. PE030463; Kentucky, No. 30317; Tennessee, No. 00116456; Georgia Level 1A and Level II Stormwater Certification