ATM, a Geosyntec company, planned and managed a comprehensive marina redevelopment that provides berthing for 32 mega-yachts up to 250 feet in length and approximately 230 smaller vessels in the 40 to 60-foot class.
Our efforts on this comprehensive marina redevelopment project began with a detailed due diligence assessment and participation in the purchase negotiations for the property. We created an aggressive redevelopment program that included detailed marina planning, an EIA, and marina engineering design elements including fixed piers, floating docks, shoreline stabilization (revetment and sheet-pile bulkhead), marina utilities, and dredging.
Upon completion of the engineering design phase, we compiled a comprehensive bid package for the construction works, facilitated the bidding process, and participated in contract negotiations between IGY and the selected contractors. Construction phase services included shop drawing review, site inspection and payment application review/certification. Construction of the project was completed on schedule to accommodate vessels during the annual Atlantic Rally for Cruisers (ARC) regatta, the world’s largest trans-ocean sailing event.
Rodney Bay Marina is considered one of the premier marina facilities in the Windward Islands and provides safe, reliable dockage for the people of St. Lucia, as well as visitors to this island destination.
Quick QualNo pages found in your document. What is a Quick Qual?
- Location: St. Lucia, Lesser Antilles
- Client: Island Global Yachting (IGY)
- Project Practice Areas: Coastal & Waterfront
- Type of Facility: marina
- Services Provided: due diligence and site evaluations; marina planning; environmental impact assessment (EIA); marina engineering design; bidding/negotiation; construction administration services
- Type of Work: site evaluation, design and construction administration