ATM, a Geosyntec company, led a multidisciplinary team of consultants to assist the City of Isle of Palms with redevelopment of its municipal marina.
Purchased by the city two decades prior, infrastructure at the marina was aging while the popularity of the site had increased to the point where parking and traffic at the site and the surrounding areas became extremely problematic. We worked with city staff, council members, key stakeholders, and residents to assess the existing conditions at the site to create redevelopment scenarios to capitalize on the popularity of the site, improve traffic flow and parking, and provide improved public park and water access components at the site. Each stakeholder had specific requirements for water access, parking, utilities, and general site utilization. Further, maintaining substantial public access and parking for an onsite boat ramp and creating a new, separate launch for non-motorized vessels (e.g., kayaks) were critical elements of the master planning efforts.
ATM’s successfully navigated many complex issues and priorities at this site to create an effective redevelopment master plan that maximized public access, greatly improved traffic flow and parking, promoted pedestrian visitation to the site, provided ample recreational opportunities, and maintained all current uses at the site. ATM completed design, permitting and bidding services for renovation of the marina in 2020. Construction is ongoing in 2021 with ATM providing construction administration services.
Quick QualNo pages found in your document. What is a Quick Qual?
- Location: Isle of Palms, SC
- Client: City of Isle of Palms
- Project Practice Areas: Coastal & Waterfront
- Type of Facility: marina
- Services Provided: site conditions assessment; parking and traffic assessment; marina and drystack market assessment; regulatory and engineering overview; master plan development; pro forma financial analysis; construction cost estimating; design, permitting and bidding services; construction administration; stakeholder workshops
- Type of Work: design, permitting, construction administration