Geosyntec specializes in turning the potential of renewable and alternative energy facilities associated with landfill and Brownfield sites and other locations with challenging development conditions into practical realities for developers, owners, and the communities they serve
How can Geosyntec help owners and developers?
Geosyntec has the technical expertise and regulatory insights to power site development for solar energy projects. We work with site owners and energy system technologists to adapt solar systems to specific sites, including panel mounting systems, foundations, conveyance, and supporting infrastructure design. For public, private, and independent power producers nationwide, we provide expertise in environmental, geotechnical, and hydrological engineering and environmental regulatory affairs.
Our recent, relevant experience includes feasibility evaluations, permitting, design, and construction management services for concentrating solar energy facilities and photovoltaic solar energy systems on landfill, brownfield, and greenfield sites.
Why Choose Geosyntec?
- Extensive experience with landfill and brownfield sites.
- Thorough understanding of environmental regulatory processes.
- Professional relationships with solar equipment manufacturers and solar developers.
- Professional relationships with owners and operators of landfill and brownfield sites.
- Comprehensive technical expertise and leadership, nationwide resources, and exceptional client service.
Solar and Concentrating Solar
Geosyntec has experience conducting feasibility studies that include engineering and regulatory considerations, market conditions, business models, photovoltaic technologies, and constructability. We have provided permitting support, preliminary design, and construction management for ground mounted and exposed geomembrane photovoltaic solar power systems.
For concentrating solar energy systems, Geosyntec has performed geotechnical and hydrological design, including design of cooling water ponds and environmental monitoring systems, construction management and CQA, and provided stormwater management services.
Site Development Services
- Site-specific regulatory compliance
- Geotechnical/foundation investigations
- Support systems design
- Stormwater management/design
- Erosion and sediment control
- Construction management
- Cover system integrity analysis
Geosyntec has formed an alliance with Green Harbor Energy and Encore Renewable Energy to offer complete solutions for solar development. Learn more at http://ggealliance.com
Majdi Othman, Ph.D., P.E.
San Diego, California
Ron Johnson, P.E., G.E.