A significant aspect of Geosyntec's water and natural resources practice is our stormwater management expertise. In fact, the firm is known for its innovative work in urban stormwater and surface water quality management, including green infrastructure design for CSO controls, Low Impact Development, Best Management Practice (BMP) design, hydromodification management, and erosion and sediment control.
Our personnel have helped shape the state of these practices nationally over the past two decades via joint research and project work with civil engineering faculty at outstanding academic institutions, as well as continuous involvement in original research, development, and application of techniques and technologies. As a result, Geosyntec is recognized for frequently facilitating the transfer of technologies from academia to commercial and public use. Our professionals have been a critical and ongoing part of an award-winning team maintaining the ASCE/US EPA International Database on Urban Stormwater BMP Design and Performance. Geosyntec's experts in erosion control have developed and implemented nationwide site compliance audit programs, and have also provided critical post-fire emergency services after the San Diego and Orange County fires.
- Stormwater management planning and design (urban, transportation, industrial, commercial, agricultural, MS4 compliance)
- Sustainable stormwater solutions: green infrastructure, stormwater best management practices, low impact development, rainwater harvesting
- Stormwater monitoring and modeling
- Water quality crediting and watershed-based mitigation approaches
- NPDES permitting and receiving water studies (watershed planning, total maximum daily loads and implementation plans)
- Erosion and sediment control: Construction NPDES compliance and post-fire erosion and sediment control